Chester Beatty Library Members' Travel programme
Splendours of India: in the footsteps of the Mughal Emperors
Visiting Delhi, Agra, Fatehpur Sikri, Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur
- Guided excursion to Qutub Minar, the world’s tallest brick minaret
- Guided tour of Old Delhi including Humayan’s Tomb, Bangla Sahib Sikh Temple, Raj Ghat the memorial site of Mahatma Gandhi, the Jama Masjid mosque, the bustling and colourful market of Chandni Chowk and the Imperial City.
- Guided excursion to the Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Sunrise guided excursion to the magnificent monument to love – The Taj Mahal
- Transfer by luxury coach to the desert city of Jaipur with stop en-route to visit the Fatehpur Sikri – the deserted red sandstone city built by Emperor Akbar
- Guided tour of Jaipur, known as the “Pink City”. Visit the Amber Fort overlooking the Maota Lake, the City Palace Museum, the awe inspiring Jantar Mantar and Hawa Mahal (Palace of Winds)
- Guided tour of Jodhpur, the home of the Rathore rulers of the princely State of Rajasthan
- Transfer by luxury coach to Udaipur, known as the City of Lakes, with en-route visit to the Ranakpur Temple Complex in the valley of the Aravalli Hill range
- Excursion with guide to the City Palace Museum and the spectacular garden of Sahelion Ki Bari.
- Afternoon boat cruise on the serence and beautiful Lake Pichola
- Free time for sightseeing and shopping
Our membership programme has been extremely popular and is currently fully subscribed. Please check our website in the coming months for updates.
We still have space for Contributing Members - for further details please click HERE or contact firstname.lastname@example.org